Think Research solves challenges facing our healthcare system with innovative solutions that deliver evidence based practices and clinical support tools to front line clinicians. Think Research attracts passionate and innovative individuals that are driven to make a measurable impact. Our multidisciplinary team includes specialists and leaders in IT, clinical quality improvement, and clinical transformation.
The Clinical R&D Team invites you to help ensure that all tech or digital tools are aligned with current clinical realities and incorporate leading best practices. Our team includes diverse clinicians and researchers from various backgrounds who work collaboratively to translate clinical knowledge into executable content.
Workplace Location: Think Research’s head office is located in downtown Toronto, Canada. However, this position allows for remote work and is open to US-based candidates. Occasional short term travel to Toronto may be necessary for the purposes of training, product development, and business development meetings.
The U.S. LTC/SNF Clinical Knowledge Translation Specialist is responsible for translating clinical best practices into practical tools, to be deployed electronically via cloud based software for front line clinicians. This specialized role will focus on building clinical decision support tools for the post-acute treatment of patients in the US that are part of a bundled payment care episode.
- New product development: scoping and product development for a library of clinical decision support tools for a new market sector (US post-acute, bundled payment episodes).
- Market engagement: work with subject matter experts and stakeholders to build solutions that realize policy goals and support clinical workflows, positive patient outcomes, and appropriate utilization.
- Clinical knowledge translation: research and develop evidence based clinical tools for prescribers and allied health professionals involved in delivering care for an episode. Tools include order sets, protocols, clinical pathways, care plans, etc.
- Manage development of assigned products to meet Think Research’s quality standards. Working collaboratively with clinical research specialists, internal teams, external subject matter experts and clients to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Product testing: collaborate with users to collect feedback, evaluate performance, and improve product-market alignment.
- Team support: support your colleagues on the technology and project teams, as necessary, to develop and implement products.
- Reporting to the VP of Clinical Research & Development: communicate project status, problem-solve challenges and coordinate activities with other work streams. Take on additional duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as an RN/NP/MD/Nurse Educator/health care provider in a post-acute/long-term-care/skilled-nursing facility setting. Experience in the US strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the proven ability to manage multiple projects, workflows and timelines. Independent, self-directed and creative individual with a penchant for solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to synthesize medical literature and experience with translating research materials into lay language for both a general and targeted clinical audience.
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing clinical quality improvement initiatives, clinical redesign, and/or clinical decision support tools.
- Ability to work independently and with remote supervision.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications.
Additional Desirable Skills or Experience:
- Experience developing order sets, clinical protocols, care pathways.
- In-depth knowledge of the US health care system, bundled payment/episode-based payment models, and policies.
- Experience at the management or clinical education level. Postgraduate clinical degree preferred.
- Practical knowledge of patient flow processes across the care continuum.